Using libcurl with regex.h issue

From: Chris Dickson <chrisd1100_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 17:54:15 -0500

I've been using libcurl for retrieving web pages and noticed an odd problem
when I started to incorporate regular expressions into my program using
regex.h. Before I included regex.h in the program I would be able to
retreive a web page of any size in its entirety, but after the inclusion of
regex.h the HTML is getting cut off at what seems like an arbitrary spot in
the file. The only thing I can think of is that there is some constant with
the same name defined in both curl.h and regex.h that is unintentionaly
limiting the amount of data that curl will download. I have not received any
compiler warnings that would suggest that though. No function call to any of
the regex.h functions is needed for the problem to arise, simply the
inclusion of the header file is enough to cause it.

Has anyone seen this happen / know a fix to this problem?

Thanks,

Douglas