Re: new makefile for Visual C++

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 18:09:37 +0100

Gisle Vanem wrote:
> "Piotr Dobrogost" <pd_at_curlpp.org> wrote:
>
>> Remember to set paths in makefile before use or give them in command
>> line as parameters!!!

> Why not put variables like
> DEFAULT_WINDOWS_SDK_PATH = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A
> DEFAULT_OPENSSL_PATH= c:\Program Files\openssl
> DEFAULT_ZLIB_PATH = c:\Program Files\zlib
>
> in an external file like we do for some other targets. E.g.
> .\packages\Win32\Common.vc.

I don't see any common.vc file in .\packages\Win32 folder.
Is it part of distribution?

That makes it easier to figure out where to edit them.

Is this solution used in other projects?
Could this common file be used by any other targets right now? I don't
see any candidates.
It seems to be very little in common among various platforms supported
by curl. I can't see which two targets would share these settings.

I don't say I don't like this idea. That would make needed info more
visible for sure. I think that's in itself a good reason to do so.

Technically there's no problem doing this, of course.

Regards
Piotr