Re: new makefile for Visual C++

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:11:10 +0100

Pierre Joye wrote:

> And it is actually a non issue, if necessary one can rely on the
> builds we provide for PHP (I can various flavors if necessary) or I
> can make them available somewhere else within curl.

It's nice of you.

> really try to keep the upstream intact, as long they have a working
> build script (and that's the case for openssl, except the broken
> header with VC9 :).

Nevertheless I can't get it. Why should hundreds of people and projects
need to make their own versions of OpenSSL's vc makefile just because
the original one sucks? Wouldn't that be better to change the original
one to be more flexible and user friendly?

Just thinking out loud.

Regards
Piotr Dobrogost