Re: new makefile for Visual C++

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:34:43 +0100

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:11 PM, Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org> wrote:
> Pierre Joye wrote:
>
>> And it is actually a non issue, if necessary one can rely on the
>> builds we provide for PHP (I can various flavors if necessary) or I
>> can make them available somewhere else within curl.
>
> It's nice of you.
>
>> really try to keep the upstream intact, as long they have a working
>> build script (and that's the case for openssl, except the broken
>> header with VC9 :).
>
> Nevertheless I can't get it. Why should hundreds of people and projects
> need to make their own versions of OpenSSL's vc makefile just because
> the original one sucks? Wouldn't that be better to change the original
> one to be more flexible and user friendly?

I'm not sure what makes you say "it sucks". See:

http://wiki.php.net/internals/windows/libs/openssl

It works pretty well as far as I can say. It is not as easy as a
simple nmake's makefile but it covers what they need and what most of
the developers need. It is not like we build openssl every 2nd day
anyway :)

--
Pierre
http://blog.thepimp.net | http://www.libgd.org