Detecting request completion with asynchronous interface

From: bp <bp.personal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:51:19 -0500

I am using the multi interface to implement asynchronous requests via
CURLMOPT_SOCKETFUNCTION/curl_multi_socket_action() etc

On the easy handle, I have a write callback to receive notifications as data
arrives, but I don't see any obvious way to know when the request has
completed. (My code needs a kick to do stuff with it and also curl cleanup.)

I see some very old discussion about whether a callback is needed/desired (
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2002-06/0154.html), but I'm not sure what the
present-day resolution is. I can't find any obvious completion callbacks in
the API or code, so maybe this idea didn't survive the discussion?

If I was going to explicitly query with curl_multi_info_read(), it's not
clear when I would want to do so. After any call to either
curl_multi_socket_action() or curl_multi_socket_all()?