Re: curl_easy_duphandle issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:22:51 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Frank Hempel wrote:

Thanks!

> I attached a new patch which integrates your suggestion. While doing this I
> noticed that the suggested Curl_cookie_duplist function is not necessarily
> related to cookies only because it handles generic "struct curl_slist*"
> lists. Additionally the naming might confuse with those other
> Curl_cookie_*list functions which are really related to lists of "struct
> Cookie*". Therefore I added a new function curl_slist_duplicate and put it
> into sendf.c, where all other curl_slist_* function are in. I hope that
> better suits the situation.

Ah yes. I took your patch and moved out the *slist* functions and put them in
the brand new lib/slist.[ch] files.

> What irritated me a litte, that all curl_slist_* functions are not
> declared in sendf.h despite they are used in other modules (which than
> should include sendf.h).

That's simply because the curl_slist_* functions exist in the public API and
thus they have their prototypes in the public headers, while the headers in
lib/ are only for internal functions.

As Curl_slist_duplicate() is internal-only I added it to lib/slist.h (and I
made it use a capital C as that's what we use to differentiate between
internal and external functions).

If you check out from CVS now it should all just work fine!