Re: crash using libcurl 7.19 multi interface

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 22:46:23 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Hendrik Schober wrote:

> The new code is attached. (Note: This doesn't crash every time I start it.
> Percentage varies widely. I suppose this is an MT issue.)

MT as in multi-threading? Then nope, as the example doesn't use threads...

> I have checked the code on a Linux machine. But that had libcurl 7.18.2
> installed. I was unable to reproduce the issue on that machine.

Just now I ran it quite a number of times on 7.19.4 on linux with valgrind and
it worked fine every time! I don't have any windows box around to try on. I'm
a bit surprised too, since the example is portable and the difference between
linux and windows internally for this kind of stuff is not that big.

When 7.19.4 crashes on windows, is the stack trace the same every time? Does
it crash doing the same transfer? Does the code require 10 handles to get the
crash or can it happen with less? If so, where is the limit exactly?

Do you know of any libcurl version that worked with this?

What Windows version are you testing this on?