Re: crash using libcurl 7.19 multi interface

From: Hendrik Schober <spamtrap_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 12:42:20 +0100

Yang Tse wrote:
> Hendrik,
>
> I've been unable, after 30 successive executions on Windows, to crash
> any of your test programs. But there's still some hope ;-) Please
> answer all the following...

I was afraid that would happen. :(

> Have you built libcurl or downloaded from somewhere? If downloaded
> provide link to it.

I'm not sure anymore where 7.19.3 came from, but 7.19.4 was
downloaded from <curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.19.4.tar.gz>.
It is build using VC9 in an MSys shell using nmake.

> Are you linking your test program against a dynamic (.dll) or static
> (.lib)libcurl library?

Against the DLL.

> Which C run-time versions are you using for the library? And for the
> test program? Not mixing debug version and release versions?

It gets its MSVCR90D.DLL from the application's manifest, I
guess. From what Dependency Walker tells me, we're not mixing
debug and release versions. Also, it crashes in both of them.

> Have you read "Building Windows DLLs and C run-time (CRT) linkage
> issues" in docs/INSTALL ?

Yep. It seems out of date, BTW. I tried the MSVC cmd line
build as advertised and got "don't know how to make 'vc'".
What we do is
   nmake -f Makefile.vc9 CFG=release-dll
   nmake -f Makefile.vc9 CFG=debug-dll
As I said, we do this from a shell script in MSys. I haven't
checked who figured the build script out and thus haven't
asked where they have their ideas from.

Schobi