Re: new makefile for Visual C++

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 01:11:25 +0100

Yang

Are you sure we need both enable and disable variants for options in the
makefile? I think having both is
- redundant
- misleading
- error prone (mutually exclusive options possible)
Isn't having just one kind (enable) not better?

Have you thought about using some more sophisticated build system for
win32 platform then nmake? We're going to have much boilerplate code in
case of nmake and that will make libcurl's makefile harder to maintain.

I'm very glad you keep working on vc makefile.
It's a great pity you don't have much support from others.

Regards
Piotr Dobrogost