Is there an interface to generate http request?

From: Y.J. <cellecial_at_21cn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 23:23:56 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

I think cURL is awesome.Programmers can do many things without worrying much about connection.
But now my project should create and use connection  externally.
That means,my program will create a socket using socket(),then construct http request,send it to webserver using send(),then receive http response using recv().
I need an interface to construct request and output it to a buffer which can be the second parameter of send().

I read the source code of curl_easy_perform(),it seems like that there is no such function.
Does cURL provide such interface? Or how can I write one based on libcurl?

Thank you in advance.