Re: libcurl and tcp/ip stack

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 23:04:39 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Reidar.Sunde_at_devoteam.com wrote:

> - Is it possible to use own TCP/IP stack? (Own implementation)
> - If yes on the above, can you direct me to the applicable API?

Yeah sure. libcurl assumes and uses a POSIX/bsd socket style API, so as long
as you provide one you should get a pretty smooth ride. If you provide a
different API you'll have to adjust libcurl where it touches the socket layer.

> - Any ideas on the capacity of the libcurl? wrt number of concurrent
> sessions and throughput capacity?

libcurl actually don't really have any limit to its capacity in that sense,
other than plain system resources such as memory and CPU. It has been used to
transfer multi-gigabit/sec transfers and it has been used in scenarios
involving more than 100,000 simultaneous connections.