Re: SVN or git (was Re: Build using CMake)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:58:08 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Sukender wrote:

> My arguments in favor of SVN are:
> - switching from CVS is very easy

You're clearly not the one who runs, uses or writes the scripts we have today
that use CVS. While easy to switch, it is still work and I this far I've found
other matters in my life mort important to spend that time and energy on.

I don't find CVS very awkward for our use.

> - SVN+CMake+CDash may be a candidate tool chain

We may change versioning system at some point but it might not be to SVN. And
we can provide the ability to build libcurl with cmake completely independent
of that.

And I don't even know what CDash is...

> Conclusion: Why changing something that already works? Well... I think
> switching may be possible in the future, but not right now.

I think that's pretty exactly what I've said. I know there are more advanced
tools - I am a contributor in at least two of those projects.