Re: SFTP support in curl library.

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:13:18 +0200

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 11:35 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Mar 2009, Girish Kolari wrote:
>
>>> Note that the name of the lib used for this is "libssh2".
>>
>> Sorry that I missed to mention that I had used libssh2 and as I mentioned
>> I could build curl command line tool could do SFTP, but libcurl generated in
>> the build process does not detect SFTP.
>
> configure is the script that checks for (a working) libssh2 and if it fails,
> it will create a setup without it, yes.
>
> Thus you need to figure out why configure fails to detect libssh2. Studying
> the config.log and the specific tests where it checks for libssh2 is a good
> first step.

But what he is saying is that he somehow managed to build a curl
binary that supports SFTP, (so configure must have detected libssh2)
while at the same time the libcurl that he built appears not to
support SFTP. This makes no sense to me, since the curl binary must
surely be using the same libcurl? Unless there are other copies of
curl/libcurl on the system that are confusing the issue.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>