Re: Build using CMake

From: Sukender <suky0001_at_free.fr>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 20:37:04 +0100

Le Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:11:41 +0100, tetetest tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru> a écrit:

> * Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> [Tue, 24 Mar 2009 18:57:34 +0100
> (CET)]:
>> On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Sukender wrote:
>>
>> > Once again I wans't properly clear... The current scripts are
>> absolutely not
>> > 100% functional, and yes, there is a ton of defines missing.
> Moreover
>> > wrote in scripts that it should generate a config header, but this
>> hasn't
>> > been done yet.
>>
>> Sorry, I didn't spot that. Without a config.h generated you can
>> basically only
>> build on Windows...
>
> Guys, I propose to take the buildchain that already exists in CMake as
> an example, and add the bells and whistles to it.
>
> I have attached such a buildchain for curl-7.19.4 (just untar into an
> existing curl sources tree). It builds static curl library for Windows,
> Linux (several flavours), FreeBSD, OpenSolaris (SunStudio 12). OpenSSL
> is detected and used if available on the system; I didn't test the other
> crypto libraries. I also had no chance to check it on MacOS.
>
> Note that there are no curl executables built (I don't need them for my
> project), so there are no tests. In any case, I suppose that modifying
> an existing buildchain is much easier than creating a brand-new one.
>
> --
> tetetest tetetest.

Hi tetetest,

Hum... very interesting. I suggest we merge both your CMake scripts and mine (well, I guess it'll be more yours than mine ;) )... agreed? I'm going to look deeper into your scripts.

Another question: I spotted you posted a "curl_cmakify" archive a few days ago. What is the link between this archive and the one you just sent?

--
Sukender