Re: Build using CMake

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_curlpp.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 17:10:54 +0200

Michael Wood wrote:

> is so big. It sort of seems like there is something wrong when your
> build system is an order of magnitude bigger than the thing you're
> building.)

I see your point.
However I wouldn't compare the size of the build system with the size of
the project being built with it. The former could be very advanced and
flexible making it rather big in size whereas the latter can be any
size. The problem is there's no good build system (actually no build
system at all) _preinstalled_ with the system under Windows. This makes
installing some build system on this platform necessary. In this case
the size of it is not so important.

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***