Re: SSL Support Other than OpenSSL?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:52:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:

> But I'd like to stress out that having OpenSSL singled out in build process
> just because that used to be this way is not the cleanest design of this
> configuration feature.

It wouldn't be "singled out". It would be first in a list sorted in a prio
order.

> We can make better by treating all ssl libs in the same way.

The SSL libs aren't identical nor do I view their status within libcurl as
identical so I don't see why we'd need to pretend they're all equal.

> In your proposition how would one build curl with NSS support;
> --without-openssl and --with-nss ?

I'd prefer to have --with-nss take precedence over no option at all so thus

  ./configure --with-nss would pick NSS

  ./configure --with-gnutls would pick GnuTLS

  ./configure --with-ssl would scan over all known libs and pick the first that
    works

   ... etc