Potential ABI break for libcurl Sun Compiler users

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 20:58:23 +0200

Hi,

Just a heads up for those using Sun compilers.

I've just committed a change to CVS with the following description:

Fix curl_off_t definition for builds done using Sun compilers and a
non-configured libcurl. In this case curl_off_t data type was gated
to the off_t data type which depends on the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS. This
configuration is exactly the unwanted configuration for our curl_off_t
data type which must not depend on such setting. This breaks ABI for
libcurl libraries built with Sun compilers which were built without
having run the configure script with _FILE_OFFSET_BITS different than
64 and using the ILP32 data model.

http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/include/curl/curlbuild.h.dist.diff?r1=1.16&r2=1.17

--
-=[Yang]=-