Re: sukender: curl/tests/libtest CMakeLists.txt,NONE,1.1

From: Sukender <suky0001_at_free.fr>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 13:05:43 +0200

Le Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:20:40 +0200, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> a écrit:

> On Tue, 7 Apr 2009, Sukender wrote:
>
>> 1. In tests/server/Makefile.am, there is a "useful = ..." with several
>> source files. What happens here is that you may have, for example
>> "lib/mprintf.c" included in the build whereas it was already in libcurl.
>
> Nothing. Those "useful" sources are used as parts in some of the server and
> test tools we build. They don't use libcurl.
>
>> Well, Bill Hoffman reported a link error: "curl_mprintf already defined in
>> mprintf.c.obj" (Win32 I guess). So why is this file there?
>
> Why is it where? It provides functions we use in some tools.
>
>> Must it be included with a specific condition?
>
> Not that I recall.

Oh crap... I thought server tests were linked against libcurl... Sorry.
I just commited a fix.

BTW, did newly added files had the 'exeutable' bit set on Linux?

>> 2. Similarily to this, Bill reported an "unresolved external symbol
>> _Curl_hash_destroy referenced in function _test" and another with
>> "Curl_mk_dnscache" (Building lib558)... I guess this is a file that must be
>> included with a specific condition... isn't it?
>
> I don't think so. Both those function names are internal libcurl functions
> that should always be present in libcurl (but never used by anything outside
> of the lib).

Hmmm... lib558.c has a Curl_hash_destroy() call (line 157), and a Curl_mk_dnscache() call (line 98). This doesn't seem to be a mistake, or is it? BTW, the compilation is okay on my machine, whereas Bill's build fails. That sounds strange. Maybe a diffenrent config, but I have no clue about the source of the error.

--
Sukender