Re: Help tracking down libcurl + nss memory leak

From: Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 12:56:23 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
>> has been doing work here as well::
>> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2009-03/0019.html
>>
>> From reading that thread, I think the current thought is that this is
>> a leak caused by incorrectly using the libcurl API. I have a simple
>> test case that I want to run by you to see what the right use of the
>> API is::
>
> If that code leaks memory with recent versions of libcurl and NSS, I
> would claime it is very likely to be an actual and proper bug!

My current tests have been with the libcurl and libnss from Fedora 11

nss-3.12.2.0-5.fc10.i386
libcurl-7.19.4-3.fc10.i386

Now that I know the test case is fine I'll have to start trying out
current trunk and without our additional patches to both libraries.

>> I'm guessing this is a bug in the libcurl+nss or nss library but I'd
>> like to know my test case is fine before launching into that code.
>
> Did you try to build debug versions of the libs and run valgrind on the
> test app to see where the memory is allocated? I'll try to give it shot
> myself...

Not yet. It would be great if you could try as I'm not a great C developer.

-Toshio