Re: sukender: curl/tests/libtest CMakeLists.txt,NONE,1.1

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:17:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Sukender wrote:

>> ... of course if you build a special build for the test _anyway_, why can't
>> you instead make that build a static lib and then we won't need a
>> work-around at all?
>
> For lib558, the problem is a bit different. The linker doesn't find some
> symbols, like Curl_hash_destroy and Curl_mk_dnscache. Any idea why?

Yes, because when you build a DLL that DLL only exposes the functions we have
told it to expose. Curl_hash_destroy and Curl_mk_dnscache are not on that list
since they're private.

> I don't care about building lib558 only when using a static lib, but I thing
> CMake scripts should work in most cases, and I guess we're not far from
> making it run with lib558+DLL.

I don't see how you can make that work without one of these options:

  A) you build a "test version" of the lib to run the test with

or

  B) you use the plain source code for the lib558 tool, but in my view that is
     opening all gates to pain and misery since we don't write libcurl source
     code in general to be that easy to rip out and use sub-parts from so it'll
     pull dependencies that will differ over time and what not.