Re: sukender: curl/include/curl curl.h,1.380,1.381

From: Sukender <suky0001_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 21:11:04 +0200

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Apr 2009, Sukender wrote:
>
>> 2. tests/server projects directly include libcurl source files. This
>> is a fact. However, under Win32, some symbols in these files are
>> marked as "imported" which is wrong when we include the files instead
>> of linking with libcurl. My first solution was to put a definintion in
>> tests/server projects to avoid libcurl symbols to be marked as
>> "imported".
>
> Ah right, now I recall it and thanks for being patient.
>
> Can't we just define CURL_STATICLIB when we build the servers (and
> that's not even too far a stretch since the servers are in fact then
> using the code staticly) and it'll work already?

I removed my "custom definition" and added CURL_STATICLIB on tests/server projects when the whole set of projects is set to be around dynamic libcurl (=when CURL_STATICLIB isn't defined yet), and it worked! Thank you!
I added a comment in CMake script to explain why we define CURL_STATICLIB.

Of course, lib558/lib559 still don't compile when having HIDDEN_SYMBOLS to OFF, but this is another problem, as we discussed.

Good. Now I'm going to commit and have a look to other tasks.
Thanks again.

--
Sukender