Re: Script to build libcurl.framework on Mac OS X

From: Daniel Johnson <daniel.johnson31_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 17:59:35 -0400

On Feb 23, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Yang Tse wrote:

> 2009/2/22, Daniel Johnson wrote:
>
>> Ok, as a first step, here is a script that will perform all the
>> steps needed
>> to build a fat ppc/i386 libcurl.framework. It's designed to be run
>> from the
>> top source directory and will produce there a libcurl.framework
>> directory.
>> There are also instructions in the file for building a 64 bit
>> version, but
>> because of different values in curlbuild.h you can't combine 32 and
>> 64 bit
>> in the same framework.
>
> Thanks a lot. Just committed now.
>
> Old and outdated libcurl.framework.make removed from CVS.

I've improved the MacOSX-Framework script to now build a four way fat
framework (ppc, i386, ppc64, x86_64). I ended up running two builds,
one 32 bit and one 64, and combining them. The script generates
separate curlbuild32.h and curlbuild64.h files while curlbuild.h
selects which one to use at compile time. Note that a four way fat
framework requires 10.5 or later to build; on 10.4 you get only two
way fat. At run time, the 32 bit architectures require 10.4 and later
while 64 bit requires at least 10.5.

Daniel