Re: sukender: curl/tests/libtest CMakeLists.txt,NONE,1.1

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_opensource.dobrogost.pl>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 11:38:28 +0200

Sukender wrote:

> Hi Piotr,
>
> I agree this is not the most readable thing of the world, but in another
> hand, a macro will not be very shorter. Anyway, I agree for SETPREPEND()
> / STRAPPEND() macros, since SET(... PREPEND) will not be more readable,
> IMHO.

It strikes me there is no support for managing lists with space
separated elements in cmake. If they support lists with colon separated
elements they should support the second kind as well.

I raised this issue on cmake mailing list. You can read it here
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?group=gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.user&article=20781

${CMAKE_C_FLAGS} and such are lists in their nature and not single value
 variables. Thus they should be treated differently.
I'd like to propose writing and using a set of macros handling lists
with space separated elements in the same manner as existing LIST
macros. What do you think?

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***