Re: Regarding the curl_easy_perform error.

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:44:30 +0200

Hi

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:53 AM, partha koley <query2partha_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> HI,

You have probably not received an answer yet because you are top posting.

See the "Do Not Top-Post" and "Quoting" sections of:
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/etiquette.html

[...]
> So can we set TIME_WAIT to zero in libcurl and what is the default value
> that is already set if any?
> Can we control that through lib curl so that the socket does not go into
> WAIT state?

TIME_WAIT is there for a reason and I don't think libcurl has any
control over it. Your TCP/IP stack might be able to control how long
connections stay in TIME_WAIT.

See http://docs.linux.cz/programming/c/sock-faq/unix-socket-faq-2.html#time_wait
for an explanation of TIME_WAIT.

See also section 3.5 of RFC 793 and also search for TIME-WAIT in that RFC.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>