Re: Build using CMake

From: Piotr Dobrogost <pd_at_opensource.dobrogost.pl>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 11:08:26 +0200

Yang Tse wrote:

> 2009/4/14, Piotr Dobrogost wrote

>> Have you changed your mind so we can finish this?
>
> Nope, nothing yet has made me change my mind.
>
> We? Who? Finish what?

You and me and anyone else interested in new nmake makefile.

> Which is the state of the cmake effort done mostly by Benoit Neil,
> into which your sweet talk has pulled him into?

Please don't be ironic as it never helps.
In the open source world no one is forced to do anything, right?
Cmake work is going forward.

> Does your question imply that, after all, the cmake stuff is not going
> to get even close to the nmake files which you claimed were in such a
> bad shape?

Not at all. I think that no matter what the quality of cmake stuff will
be (and I'm pretty sure it will be very good) there is a place for plain
old hand written nmake makefile just to make some people happy.

> Does your question imply that you don't have enough fun making the
> cmake stuff work?

No, it doesn't.

Piotr Dobrogost