Re: HP-UX socklen_t issue

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 23:43:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Yang Tse wrote:

> Change configure script to actually detect the data type that libcurl should
> be using internally for variables whose 'normal' data type would be
> socklen_t. The check would be nearly the same than the one which is now used
> to find a socklen_t equivalent, but first checking for socklen_t. This would
> allow to define a symbol named 'curl_socklen_t' which would have the proper
> data type to use in all cases.

Thank you for a crystal clear explanation and yes I agree that figuring out
the actual data type to use for one of the functions that normally use
socklen_t seems like a clever approach.

I think you can also re-use parts of your fine reasoning from the mail as a
comment in the configure script to explain the need.