Re: Visual Studio 2008 Solution for Curl
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 13:26:16 +0200
2009/4/23, Jack Liptrap wrote:
> I wanted to make the solution files available for those who use Microsoft
> Visual Studio 2008. I spent the morning figuring out why VS9 wouldn't
> compile the solution after it auto-upgraded the VS6 workspace. libcurl
> project wasn't outputing to the correct directory (curlsrc was expecting
> Lib-Release/Lib-Debug, not Release/Debug). libcurl project wasn't naming
> output properly in the debug builds (always would compile as libcurl.lib
> regardless of build; curlsrc was expecting libcurld.lib on debug builds).
Man, what a mess :-)
Looking at the files you've posted. It seems that the the problem has
been that the conversion 'wizard' finds an already existing
libcurl.vcproj in curl/lib and chooses to not convert the VC6
libcurl.dsp one. This finally gives you an unpleasent combination of
If you wish you can try the following:
Download http://curl.haxx.se/download/curl-7.19.4.zip and uncompress
it to a different/new folder.
REMOVE file curl-7.19.4\lib\libcurl.vcproj and attempt again the conversion.
> Lastly, I didn't find any documentation on where to define USE_WINDOWS_SSPI.
> In VS9, you go to the project properties of libcurl and add USE_WINDOWS_SSPI
> to the preprocessor definitions.
Read "Disabling Specific Protocols in Win32 builds" in docs/INSTALL.
It tells you where you can define preprocessor symbols.
-- -=[Yang]=-Received on 2009-04-23