Re: Missing DLL libraries

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:50:44 +0200

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:40 PM, Daniel Park <masta.park_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I was following Andrei Jakab's guide on using libcurl with Visual Studio
> 2008. So far I've been able to compile everything, but running the actual
> program results in STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND exceptions. The program has
> complained about the following missing DLLs:
>
> - ssleay32.dll (found in PHP binary release)
> - libeay32.dll (found in PHP binary release)
> - openldap.dll (found in OpenLDAP binary release)
> - libsasl.dll (unable to find at the moment)

It is generally a bad idea to mix various binaries built using different CRT.

It is relatively easy to build cURL using the libraries we use in PHP.
You can even get it with libssh2 support, all libs are available in
php.net (bins, .lib, headers, etc.). You only have to change the
libraries file names in the makefiles as we use some nice naming
convention to differentiate the static and dynamic libs (mylib.lib and
mylib_a.lib).

You can also build them yourself, it is again very easy (read the
README in openssl sources, open the project files in libssh2, zlib has
project files as well, etc.).

Cheers,

--
Pierre