Re: new makefile for Visual C++

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 03:30:11 +0200

2009/4/27, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:

> I'd like to merge Yang's makefile with mine so we have a new and working
> one.
> I see Yang's makefile he originally placed here
> http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl-www/scratch/Makefile.msvc.head
> is placed in /lib folder when one gets curl's source from cvs.
> Am I right?

Nope. I placed it intentionally out of curl's cvs root to not get
mixed with existing ones, and back then I planned to move it to the
root of curl's cvs once it had been finished.

> This makefile is titled "curl and libcurl MSVC makefile" inside but I
> guess I can for now assume it will be used only to build libcurl and not
> curl itself.
> Am I right?

It doesn't matter which title it has right now. Depending on where it
is placed, and more important the use it is given, it should probably
be named accordingly.

--
-=[Yang]=-