Re: NTLM autentication fails after a 302 redirect

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:16:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Laurent Rabret wrote:

> Using libcurl 7.19.4
>
> 1) Libcurl successfully authenticate an HTML entry page thanks to NTLM
> 2) the entry page sends a 302 on a new page, same domain name

> 3) libcurl does not populate the authentication and the access fails with a
> 401 message (only 1 access)

Hm, once the *connection* is authenticated, there should be no need to re-send
any athorization headers for NTLM. NTLM is a true bastard in this aspect. Did
the 302 response possibly close the connection too?

Can you show us the full both-way headers for this procedure?

Someone on the users list also figured out 7.19.4 has a NTLM bug where a
previous curl version works so I'm sure something isn't entirely right...