Symbian compilation with Nokia Carbide

From: Frank McGeough <fmcgeough_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 07:44:48 -0700

I downloaded libcurl (7.16.2) for Nokia's 5th edition sdk (S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v0.9) and it compiled without a hitch. Thanks so much for anyone that has worked on this.

When I built a test program (open-c / command line) to use libcurl I noticed that I had to comment out line 139 in curl.h in order to get the test program to compile/work.

#if defined(_WIN32) && !defined(WIN32)
/* Chris Lewis mentioned that he doesn't get WIN32 defined, only _WIN32 so we
   make this adjustment to catch this. */
//#define WIN32 1
#endif

It looks like the Nokia Carbide environment is defining _WIN32 somewhere (although I haven't been able to track this down yet).

In addition, I had to ensure to #include the following before curl.h

#include <sys/select.h>

this picked up fd_set in the Nokia environment.

With these two changes my test program worked great. Thanks again for the port.