Re: Uploading and Appending a file

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 01:29:32 +0200

Hi Neha,
neha bhagat schrieb:
> Hi All,
> I have succedded in appending a file using libcurl library and apache
> server.All you need to do is add CURLOPT_APPEND and add appropriate
> range using CURLOPT_RANGE option.
> Also you need to add following lines to your apache configuration file
> # Configuration for mod_put
> <IfModule mod_put.c>
> <Location />
> PUT_EnablePut On
> PUT_EnableDelete Off
> PUT_EnableAppend On
> #PUT_BlockSize 2048
> #PUT_DirMask 777
> #PUT_FileMask 007
> AuthType Basic
> AuthName "Web publishing"
> AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd
> # AuthGroupFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/group
> <Limit PUT>
> require valid-user
> </Limit>
> </Location>
> </IfModule>
> # End of mod_put.

Thanks for reporting your success.
Perhaps you should also mention that this feature is only available with
mod_put 2.0.8 and later for Apache 2.x, and where to download the module:
http://www.gknw.net/development/apache/httpd-2.0/unix/modules/
AFAICT the only Linux distro is Mandriva which has this module by
default; might be because the maintainer is somewhat lazy (yeah, its me
...); probably another good place to post this would be the curl user list.

Günter.