Re: [curl 7.19.5] consfigure & struct timeval on VMS

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 05:42:34 +0200

2009/5/30, John E. Malmberg wrote:

> I am attempting to build curl 7.19.5 on VMS after successfully building
> 7.18.1 last year or so.

I suppose that you are aware of the VMS specific build scripts in the
curl/packages/vms subdirectory. Any chance you used these scripts last
time?

Did you really succeed in running the configure script as provided in
7.18.1? Or did you use some VMS special auto-tools and built the
configure script running buildconf?

> [...]
> From reading the archives of this list, I see that it is not recommended to
> define the macro _X_OPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED.

If simply defining it when running configure allows it to finish with
no additional problem I don't see why it should be discouraged for
that specific configuration. At most the only implication would be
that you might also need to define it when compiling the program using
the library to get the same definitions from curl.h

--
-=[Yang]=-