Re: installing rpm for Java

From: Thufir <hawat.thufir_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:36:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:32:33 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:10 AM, Thufir <hawat.thufir_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ok, after no small amount of effort I seem to have built and installed
>> an rpm (with some help):
> [...]
>> can I get a JAR from this, or how do I import it?
>
> Try running:
> rpm -ql curl-java
>
> to see what files the package installs. It might install a jar file (or
> more than one) or a bunch of class files. From that you should be able
> to figure out what to set your CLASSPATH to in order to use them.

[thufir_at_arrakis ~]$
[thufir_at_arrakis ~]$ rpm -ql curl-java
/usr/lib/libcurljava.so
/usr/lib/libcurljava.so.0
/usr/lib/libcurljava.so.0.0.0
/usr/share/doc/curl-java-0.2.3
/usr/share/doc/curl-java-0.2.3/COPYING
/usr/share/doc/curl-java-0.2.3/ChangeLog
/usr/share/doc/curl-java-0.2.3/README
/usr/share/java/curljava.jar
[thufir_at_arrakis ~]$

Perfect!

Kinda a roundabout way of getting a Jar, but there you are. Would anyone
like to upload this Jar should anyone else stumble by asking for a Jar?
You don't really need the RPM (or whatever) for Java devel.

-Thufir