Re: reply to all: CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT when FTP upload with large files

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 08:46:40 +0200

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Sun, 31 May 2009, A-ZYSTEMS wrote:
>
>>> It sounds like the typical case of the control connection having
>>> timed-out
>>> (through a firewall or NAT) by the time the data
>>> connection is complete.
>>
>> When I extend the timeouts with CURLOPT_TIMEOUT Or
>> CURLOPT_FTP_RESPONSE_TIMEOUT to 3 Hours for example, curl_easy_perform hang
>> for 3 ours.
>
> Uh, the timeout I was talking about is in the firewall or NAT, not libcurl.
>
>> My Program is a photo book application.
>
> It really doesn't matter what your application is. If the reason for the
> problem is the timeout I'm guessing at, then there's not a lot your app or
> libcurl can do. You'd need to make some kind of work around in your app to
> make sure the transfers are always shorter than the timeout period.

What about using CURLOPT_SOCKOPTFUNCTION to set SO_KEEPALIVE on the
connection? Or is this already done by default?

Alexander, searching here http://curl.haxx.se/search.html for
"keepalive" also turns up some old discussions that might be relevant.
 I only looked at a couple of the messages, though.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>