Re: packaging

From: Thufir <hawat.thufir_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:26:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 19:00:33 +0200, Guenter wrote:

> go ahead and commit!
> That's what SVN is good for: we can play with, and revert changes if
> needed...; I would though propose a package name with 'haxx' instead of
> 'gknw'

I see that Patrick did so just in the last hour (59 min ago):

*** MAJOR CHANGE: ABI breakage *** All classes are now in java package
net.haxx....

I'm not clear on the flow chart here. Previously I (somewhat randomly)
built and installed an RPM which in turn installed a JAR onto my system
(Fedora). However, I *think* that I'm only really after the JAR so that
I can use the ABI in my Java code as I would any other Java library.
That test.java class looks exactly like what I'm after.

I'll probably rebuild the RPM, not that big of a deal, but I don't really
understand the point of making an RPM out of cURL as cURL is already
installed via the package manager (for me, yum). It seems that the
purpose of the Java JAR was to obviate the need to install Perl on
Windows to use cURL? Wheras, I'm just after the JAR for the ABI (I
think).

If I have time I'll test it tonight.

-Thufir