RE: packaging

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 10:50:58 +0200

Guenter wrote:

> shouldnt we now also re-organize the files in SVN into subdirs to
reflect the new structure?

I don't think so. I managed the makefiles to avoid using the directory
tree in usage with java, keeping the "configure+make+make install"
strategy, because we (i.e.: non-java programmers) are all more familiar
with this "gnu" approach. In particular, I would avoid using things like
ant and/or eclipse for compiling this little thing !
You probably have to tune the non-automake makefiles a little bit, but I
took care about them without being able to test !

Patrick