Re: status of CMake support in 7.19.5

From: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman_at_kitware.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:46:27 -0400

Sukender wrote:
> Le Mon, 25 May 2009 14:49:32 +0200, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> a écrit:
>
>> On Mon, 25 May 2009, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
>>
>>> What's the status of CMake support in 7.19.5 release?
>> No changes done since a few weeks back. Consider it experimental.
>>

> Hi all,
>
> I was away for a while too. I *hope* I'll be able to work on it in ~15 days.

I have some time now to take a look. I have started the documentation.
  However, the build seems to be broken right now. I get this error:

C:\hoffman\Projects\mycurl\curl\include\curl/curlrules.h(85) : fatal
error C1189: #error : "CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_SOCKLEN_T definition is missing!"

I seem to remember some discussion on the list about keeping this sort
of thing in sync. But, maybe I am remembering wrong...

Anyway I checked in a fix and some install docs for the CMake build. I
would like an explaination of the try-compile autotools stuff for this.
Right now I implemented something simple for CMake which I am pretty
sure is not the same. I do this:

1. If socklen_t exists use it.
2. If not, then use int.

The autotools does this:

arg1 in int SOCKET;
   arg2 in 'struct sockaddr' void;
     t in socklen_t int size_t 'unsigned int' long 'unsigned long' void;
       extern int FUNCALLCONV getpeername($arg1, $arg2 *, $t *);

I guess I should do the same for CMake?

-Bill