Re: status of CMake support in 7.19.5

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:17:13 +0200

2009/6/8, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> The autotools does this:
>
> arg1 in int SOCKET;
> arg2 in 'struct sockaddr' void;
> t in socklen_t int size_t 'unsigned int' long 'unsigned long' void;
> extern int FUNCALLCONV getpeername($arg1, $arg2 *, $t *);
>
> I guess I should do the same for CMake?

I don't know cmake stuff. So neither don't know how you should do it with cmake.

But I can tell you that if you want to remain compatible and generate
libraries which are equally built as when using configure. In the end
you will have to learn the autotools to be able to achieve the same
result using cmake. Or even learn more and make a true 'configure'
script interpreter for cmake. Eeeek!

For this specific stuff...

curl_socklen_t should be the data type pointed by the third argument
of getpeername.

Anything else is a shortcut that sometimes might work and others not.

--
-=[Yang]=-