Re: status of CMake support in 7.19.5

From: Cosmin Luţă <cosmin.luta_at_avira.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 10:31:09 +0300

On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 14:46:27 -0400
Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman_at_kitware.com> wrote:

> I have some time now to take a look. I have started the
> documentation. However, the build seems to be broken right now. I
> get this error:
>
> C:\hoffman\Projects\mycurl\curl\include\curl/curlrules.h(85) : fatal
> error C1189: #error : "CURL_TYPEOF_CURL_SOCKLEN_T definition is
> missing!"
>
> I seem to remember some discussion on the list about keeping this sort
> of thing in sync. But, maybe I am remembering wrong...
>
> Anyway I checked in a fix and some install docs for the CMake build.
> I would like an explaination of the try-compile autotools stuff for
> this. Right now I implemented something simple for CMake which I am
> pretty sure is not the same. I do this:
>
> 1. If socklen_t exists use it.
> 2. If not, then use int.
>

> The autotools does this:
>
> arg1 in int SOCKET;
> arg2 in 'struct sockaddr' void;
> t in socklen_t int size_t 'unsigned int' long 'unsigned long'
> void; extern int FUNCALLCONV getpeername($arg1, $arg2 *, $t *);
>
> I guess I should do the same for CMake?

I've see something similar in CMake/OtherTests.cmake for determining the
arg and ret types of send()/recv(); perhaps you could do the same?

> -Bill

Cosmin LUŢĂ
Software Developer
AVIRA Soft srl
cosmin.luta_at_avira.com
http://www.avira.com
DISCLAIMER:
This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise
protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have
received it by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it
from your system; you should not copy the message or disclose its
contents to anyone.