Curl Works with Local Server but not Hosted Server

From: <enliteneer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:50:57 -0700

Hi All,

I've inherited a curl program that I'm trying to run, but it seems it
only works if I host the page myself (I'm used MoWeS Portable).
However, when I upload the page to a "curl supported" host, like
000webhost or freehostia, it doesn't work.

Looking at the code, and unfortunately I'm totally new to curl, the
only funny thing that I can see is that it tries to write a temporary
file in on the same server that the php file resides (see snippet).
 Could it be that 000webhost/freehostia does not allow 'write access'
permission?

What could cause it to work locally on MoWes but not remotely?

Thanks!
Erich

*
$go = curl_exec ($ch);
file_put_contents("files/temp.htm", $go);