How to get manually installed libcurl linked for php5 on Debian etch

From: Marko Tapio Manninen <mmstud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:05:30 +0300

Hi,

I just installed newist libcurl to my debian etch server from sources,
but it seems, that php5 uses old curl.so from its extensions folder.
So I'd like to know, if I can use newer curl lib somehow... I can't
find new curl.so that i could put on php5 extensions directory.

This is related to the issue, where curl with proxy and authentication
didnt work on my setup. I decided to update curl library manually
because Debian packages for libcurl seems to be old.

Regards,
-Marko