Re: libCURL problem - HTTP incomplete data transfer?

From: Cosmin Luţă <cosmin.luta_at_avira.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:32:55 +0300

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:16:00 +0200 (CEST)
Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Cosmin Luţă wrote:
>
> > transfer closed with 4 bytes remaining to read
>
> Can you run the plain curl tool against this server with the
> --trace-ascii option and show us a full "dump" ? To me it sounds like
> the server sends too little data.

Indeed it seems that the server sends too little data, but then again,
with the same server, why does the old curl work? :( Something must be
different.

I'm attaching outputs from

$ http_proxy= ./curl --trace-ascii dump-7.xx.x -d "INFO"
http://localhost:18000/

for both versions 7.19.5 (which doesn't work) and 7.18.2 (which works).

This is puzzling to me, since there's not much difference between the
data sent by the two versions of CURL.

I've also attached the output of CURL 7.19.5 but with the User Agent of
CURL 7.18.2... doesn't work either.