Re: status of CMake support in 7.19.5

From: Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman_at_kitware.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 10:11:35 -0400

Cosmin Lut,a( wrote:

>> Bruteforcing seems the best way to me if you want to have the most
>> flexibility (i.e. deploy on any platform and have minimum
>> trouble)... I can't even think of another easy method of detecting
>> this. Besides, you said yourself that autotools do a similar thing,
>> no?

I just wanted a less brute force way. See my other post, I think the
try compile can loop only over the possible types of socklen_t instead
of doing that inside two other loops. The try-compiles can be slow on
some systems.

> By the way, offtopic, but CMake related.
> I have this code which reads curlver.h and extracts the version from
> it, perhaps you could use it (I suppose you're maintaining the CMake
> files..)

Thanks, works great:

$ cvs commit -m "ENH: extract version from curlver.h" CMakeLists.txt
/cvsroot/curl/curl/CMakeLists.txt,v <-- CMakeLists.txt
cvs commit: Using deprecated info format strings. Convert your scripts
to use
the new argument format and remove '1's from your info file format strings.
Mailing curl-commits_at_cool.haxx.se...
Generating notification message...
Generating notification message... done.

-Bill