Re: Re: question about curl_easy_pause

From: B <zengkun100_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 23:07:29 +0800

Thank you Daniel :D

> Today I tried to use this new api curl_easy_pause. I found it it hardly to
> use. Is there any example about this api?

>I don't think we have any example using this yet, but is it really that
>complicated?

Maybe it is yes, especially unpause. Even if CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE returned
from my write funcion
cause the connection paused, where should I call curl_easy_pause to resume
this connection?

> And when I have CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE returned from my writte function, I
> found that the HTTP connection is broken

>A connection can break for sure, but I find it very unlikely that your
>returning of CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE actually cause this.

After the write funcion returned( with CURL_WRITEFUNC_PAUSE )a few seconds,
the function curl_easy_perform
(which will not return until the download is completed) returned, and the
connection is broken.

> does it means that after I unpause this connection, a new HTTP connection
> will be made?

No. If the connection breaks, your transfer will fail and you then decide
how
to deal with that fact.