RE: Help on usinig Curl on vxwrks

From: Igor Novoseltsev <IgorN_at_radvision.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 15:07:12 +0300

> When you say it should be using '-mrtp' option when building userland,
> can this be given in CFLAGS or how is this specified?

Yes, it can be set using CFLAGS.
Note there is a more work to be done on Makefile.vxworks beyond the
'-mrtp' addition.
I failed to compile the libcurl, since this option caused compilation
error, asking for WIND_USR environment variable.
Since I'm far away from to be VxWorks guru, I would prefer not to spend
efforts on feature, that may be not required by anyone.

> The hand-crafted makefile should most probably define the -mrtp
> option. Why should libcurl be compiled as kernel code?

Since this is a "the traditional VxWorks method of development".
I think this tradition is caused by the benefits the kernel mode gains
to the user tasks, like full control on hardware, full memory access
etc. Remember we are talking about Real Time OS.