Re: SSL configure probs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 20:11:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 18 Jun 2009, Guenter wrote:

> it seems to me that 'configure --without-ssl --with-gnutls' does no
> longer work; f.e. Daniel's builds:

Oops.

The problem is that the the most recent GnuTLS versions have switched to only
use pkg-config now and they ditched the previous libgnutls-config approach:

   http://cool.haxx.se/cvs.cgi/curl/configure.ac.diff?r1=1.415&r2=1.416

I was stupidly assuming they used to do both, but clearly slightly older
Debian installs only have libgnutls-config and not pkg-config for gnutls.

The proper fix is then most likely to bring back the libgnutls-config approach
for when no path is given and 'pkg-config --exists gnutls' returns non-zero.

If no one else does it, I'll try to get around to it soonish.