Re: Invalid write in curl_multi_perform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:05:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Hardeep Singh wrote:

> I am new to curl development. I am facing an issue of Invalid Write within
> the curl_multi_perform function. Due to this the application crashes after
> receiving SIGSEGV. This signal is received in the destructor of a string(
> always). We pass that string to create a curl_slist object which is passed
> in setting header option in curl_easy_setopt. This use of curl_easy is in a
> separate class but could be called simultaneously in a different thread.

Can you elaborate? You're using the same curl handle simultaneously in more
than one thread? That's documented not to work.

> This happens when curl timeouts waiting for a response. This is around a
> minute, i think which corresponds to low limit time default value. The curl
> version in use is 7.19.2 ( libcurl 4.1.1 )
>
> Has anyone seen this before? Any solution for this behavior? Any ideas or
> pointers are appreciated.

It'll help if you get the most recent version and see if the problem persists.
If it does, check the code flow for the crash to see exactly what string it
wants to *printf() when it crashes. Also, try to write up an example code that
can repeat the problem to post here for us to help you out.