Re: File type to download

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:29:21 +0200

Hi Jan,
jvp schrieb:
> Additionally, it is worth noting that a program called
> htget uses the Watt library, and performs the transfer in a couple of
> minutes.
true - though I suggested you should build the curl commandline, and not
htget, and then test with a download with curl.exe.
> So, IF the Watt library is ok, and the libcurl is ok, then perhaps the
> interface between the two is the problem.
exactly, but you need to track down if that's really the case;
so the best way to verify if your libcurl + WATTCP build is ok is to
make use of it either with curl.exe, or with one of the many download C
samples which ship with the lib.
And BTW. it would be great too for others if you would provide your
libcurl + curl.exe (I guess you need to statically link curl.exe since
there's no dll loader for DOS, but I might be wrong); I was some time
back also looking for a recent libcurl / curl version for DOS and
couldnt find anywhere; the only one you can find is a very outdated.
I guess Daniel would happily host a newer DOS version, and if not I
could do on my site.

Günter.