Re: File type to download

From: jvp <jvp_at_compu-weigh.com.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 15:26:14 +1000

Hi all

Problem solved.
Turns out that port 8 (last one) on my router (Netgear FVS318v3) is
either faulty
or I am trying to use it as a standard port when perhaps it has the
purpose of daisy chaining
to the next router.
Probably faulty, as now the light doesnt come on anymore when my dos
machine is plugged in.
That just cost me a week of confusion.Good lesson in enforcing the KISS
principle.
Industrial ISA bus CPU running at 300mHz does
24 sec's for 1.1Mb file with an average speed of 50432.
This includes writing the file to a Compact Flash Card.
I expect better performance on my standard cpu boards
that are 533Mhz. In any case I am happy with it.
When libcurl.a tested from within a FreeBasic compiled program the time
was 25 sec's, so same performance.

Anyway, I now have the Djgpp compile for FreeDos working.
The CVS at cURL now compiles without any changes or errors.
It appears also that each time I re-compile the library, it re-compiles
the curl.exe.

In the next day or so I will put all the relevant .bat/.exe/.a files
into a zip
on my site and post the link, so if anyone is interested they can test
or host the latest build for Dos. I will leave it there for a few months.

In the meantime, many thanks to you guys that helped me achieve that.
I will now start experimenting with the Multi interface, so that I have
some control
over the process.

Regards
Jan van de Poll